Washington, DC, March 2018 – Quota International has received nominations from four Quotarians interested in running for the 2018-2020 International Board of Directors.
International Board Candidates:
Three Candidates, pictured above, have nominated for the International President Elect/Treasurer position:
- Vice President LuAnne Bonanno from the United States, Region 7
- Vice President Shelly Brown from Australia, Region 13
- Vice President Carol Patin from the United States, Region 9
To learn more about your International President Elect/Treasurer candidates and to view their videos: CLICK HERE .
Deadline Extended to April 6th, 2018
The Vice President position has received one nomination from a Candidate in Region 10. Two more nominees for Vice President are needed. An ad hoc nominating committee is being formed to help fill the slate for the Vice President position only. Once the slate is filled, the Vice President Nominee information will be posted on the website on Saturday, April 7th. If only three candidates come forward, there will be no election for the Vice President position.
- NOTE: To be eligible to run for Vice President, a candidate must have served as a Regional Director or District Governor and be a member of a Quota Club in good standing.
- FOR REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION: Click Here. Inquiries may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org – please include VP Nomination in the subject line.
All candidates must answer the following questions.
- What range of skills and experience have they brought to their Quota Club to assist in succeeding in an area of focus outlined in Quota Internationals Strategic Plan?
- What have they learned about the Regional Meetings or Convention that has helped them and their club?
- What goals have they accomplished through their Quota membership – personal or professional?
- In terms of the future of Quota, what are they most excited about?
2018-2020 Board Election Process
Paper ballots for the elections will be mailed to all voting delegates on April 13th.
All ballots must be returned by MAIL postmarked no later than June 1st (to Washington, DC or Brisbane office) to be counted at convention. NO in-person voting for Board elections will happen at convention. This Bylaw change was to comply with incorporation laws in Washington, DC – approved by delegates at the 2016 Convention in Brisbane, Australia.
Can a Leader still run for the Board if she/he can’t travel?
Although, Washington, DC, laws allow for Board meetings and other meetings to be conducted using videoconferencing, teleconferencing, or any other similar telecommunications device, all persons participating in the meeting must be able to hear each other or communicate effectively simultaneously.
Because of the advancement with technology, the Board seriously considered this request. However, since Board Meetings span several days and candidates come from different countries/time zones this would make simultaneous interaction for 10 hours each day difficult at best. More information about this including the referenced Bylaw is included in the President’s March Message.
Contact email@example.com with any additional questions.
Quota International, Inc.