Washington, DC, April 3rd, 2018 – Special thanks to all who joined us at our March All Leadership Calls. We had a great turn out, and those who came not only received the latest news, but also a wide variety of ideas for service projects, fundraisers, and community involvement. A brief summary of items shared is below. If you’d like to participate in April’s calls, click here to register!
Ideas shared by Club Presidents on the Call*
- Lake County, USA: Easter Egg hunt with activity stations (including a large pool filled to the brim with Easter Grass – kids love it!).
- Massillon, USA: Low-cost speech clinic this summer through partnership with local university.
- Brisbane City, Australia: Donation to local school in need of a bus – Quota logo to go on back door of bus.
- Ottawa, Canada: Signing Santa at local playroom (think Chuck E Cheese in the U.S.), made possible by sponsorships from local companies and featured on local TV station.
- Canton, USA: Quota Bears to children who testify in court, and other agencies who wouldn’t normally get donations like these.
- Leisure Coast, Australia: “Pre-loved” over-the-ear hearing aid drive. Hearing aids are fixed for free at local repair shop and donated worldwide.
- Salisbury, USA: Book drives and FREE book stations at community events.
- Barrie, Canada: Community picnic for senior citizens who have no family nearby.
- Huronia, Canada: Hygiene product drive for local women’s shelter.
“We can easily give away 1,000 books at a single parade. We find that giving away 1 book typically yields us about 10 books! Families become aware of our club and the service we do, and begin sending their books to us as their children age.”
– Mary Burroughs, Club President, Quota International of Salisbury
- Morro Bay & Bismark-Mandan, USA: Bunco Night!
- Wilmington, USA: “Beef & Beer” Fundraiser
- Minneapolis, USA: Quota Royale! (Casino night – usually raises $10,000 – $15,000)
- Bristol, USA: Cocktail Party & Fashion Show
- Flint, USA: Traditional Tea & Live Auction (usually raises $6,000 – $11,000)
- Central Oregon, USA: Golf Tournament for women with disabilities (raised $10,000 last year)
- Southeast Texas, USA: Club leadership retreat to re-engage members and just have fun!
- Plantation, USA: Guest speakers invited to present at Quota Club meetings. This increases awareness and encourages partnership with people and businesses in the community. It also brings new ideas to our club, and hopefully new members!
- Massillon, USA: Car decals for all members to increase visibility of club around town.
- Barrie, Canada: Hired a young lady to manage our Facebook page as well as other social media and web platforms. This will help get the word out about our club.
- Leisure Coast, Australia & Massillon, USA: Focusing our club goals on deaf, hearing- and speech-impaired individuals sets us apart from other service organizations who all seem to be serving women and children.
“It all comes back to speech and hearing and women and children. People are really impressed with that.”
-Karen Binstead, Region 14 Director, Quota International of Leisure Coast
*This list of ideas shared is in no way comprehensive! Many more ideas were shared and discussed at the calls. If you’d like to share your ideas, join us next time. If you’d like your idea featured, send photos and information to email@example.com and we’ll feature you in an upcoming article! (Or, if you’d prefer, write your own and submit that.)
In the words of President Marie, who joined us on a few calls despite her busy schedule,
“Thank you so much for taking the time to be on this call. We are listening and will take what we have heard back to the board to discuss implementation.”
-International President Marie Dobson-Dunlop
If you would like to be a part of the idea-sharing that these inspiring and informational calls make possible, join us at our next one by registering here.
Thank you for all that you do!
Quota International, Inc.
We Share Foundation