Attending some of this year’s regional meetings, reminded me how hard Quotarians around the world are working in their local communities. Here is a project for any club to do in order to make an positive impact today! The only things you need will be fleece/wool, scissors, and a ruler.
How to: Blankets for Children or Babies
- For a child-sized blanket, you will need 2x 1 ½ meters of fleece or wool (you can use the same colour or pattern or you can use different colours)
- For a baby you use 2x 1 meter of fleece
- You place the pieces wrong sides together.
- Proceed to cut 1” intervals on all four sides
- Starting on one side, start typing your knots (using one fringe from each fleece.) Tie knots on every other fringe around the entire blanket.
- Turn the whole blanket over and tie the remaining fringes into knots until your blanket is finished.
The best part comes after the blanket is made, and a child or baby in need uses it as a source of comfort and love.